Vietnam Responsible Tourism (VRT) unites different community based tourism groups (CBT groups) homestays and tourism service providers with the aim to improve living conditions in remote regions by developing a sustainable and responsible tourism model, respecting local natural and cultural resources and values as well as empowering ethnic minorities and other disadvantaged groups. By joining VRT, members will have the following benefits:
- Receive training and coaching opportunities to improve service skills and service quality in order to increase visitors numbers and improve revenue.
- Get support to develop business linkages with national and international tour operators and travel agencies.
- Benefit from central marketing efforts, presence on the VRT website and in VRT marketing materials, representation at domestic and international travel fairs.
- Get access to donors (financing / funding opportunities) and project developers (operational support).
- Raising awareness of your organisation via VRT social media channels. As a member you can submit up to 12 posts per year for all VRT social media channels.
- Show your commitment to responsible tourism by using VRT Member Logo and Member Certificate on your website and in other communications such as email.
- Publish your events or press releases: Reach a wider audience by adding your event into our event calendar and publish news about responsible tourism in our News section on the VRT website.
- Benefit from non-CBT development projects such as agriculture or climate change mitigation programs, infrastructure, education or health projects.
- Benefit from the quality control and certification system developed by VRT.
- Respecting rules & regulations and the set of standards about responsible tourism developed by VRT.
- Share your knowledge and experience within the communities and with other members.
- Be open and transparent.
- Be hospitable and engage in human and cultural exchanges with tourists.
- Implement waste management systems and recycle when possible and dispose of non-recyclable garbage appropriately. Keep the community and tourism spaces clean and at a high sanitary level.
- Apply responsible tourism practices under the guidance of VRT.
- Pay the membership fee of VND 500.000 per year.
Application for membership for CBT groups, homestays and other related community based tourism service providers